WatchmenOfAmerica
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watchmen Of America

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Itro/Bio mini rant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rumrunning

rumrunning

Itro/Bio mini rant Empty
PostSubject: Itro/Bio mini rant   Itro/Bio mini rant Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 am

Hey all,

So I thought that I would say hello and at the same time let you know a little bit about me and perhaps give some insight into how i tick. So what can I say about myself that is different from anyone else in the forum? Probably not too much but that just goes to show that we all have common ground.

So about me. Been married for 21 years to a woman that must be slightly insane for putting up with me. With this same insane woman we have three very strong willed children, who I believe are making me prematurely age.

After graduation from high school I started work as a tool and die apprentice. I found that the factory life was not for me so in 1987 I joined the Navy as a jet engine mechanic. I was stationed at then NAS Miramar in San Diego working on F-14 Tomcats (so now you know what the Top Gun joke is about). While in San Diego I met the woman that became my wife, married her and decided shortly afterwords that i liked being married more then being in the Navy. So in 92 I said my goodbyes to the Navy and packed up my wife and moved her from San Diego to small town Ohio. I retrospect not the greatest tactical move as it was quite a culture shock for my poor wife.

While living in Ohio and working any job that would put food on the table I joined the Ohio National Guard. I truly enjoyed my time and I spent nearly four years serving in my hometown unit. Around 1997 my wife and I decided that neither of us were happy with our current situation and after many lengthy discussions we decided that I was the happiest when serving in the military. So with my wife's blessings i joined the Active duty Army as an Armament Repairer 45K (recently renamed 91K).

So now near the end of my career the wife and I have bought land in Southern MO. We plan to make our little homestead on our hilltop in the Ozarks and spend time driving each other crazy.

So why did i become part of this movement? Well I can only give you my perspective that may turn into a rant so here goes.

I see our values slipping. I see people who think that they deserve to have food put on the table for them and deserve to have a roof put over their heads just because they are Americans. Like there is a clause in the Bill of Rights listed as entitlements to free food, shelter and a 50" tv.

I see our govt. giving in to global corporations selling out 99% of it's citizens to benefit the 1% who are part of that inner circle.

I believe that the govt. can and will take our rights unless WE protect them. The govt is not the stewards of the Constitution, we are.

I believe that as a group we hold a power that scares big govt. and they will demonize us until such a time that we can't be controlled and at that point they will come for us.

I also believe from the bottom of my heart that the founding fathers intend for big govt. to be afraid of us so we are fulfilling their wishes.

So I could go on and on but I think you get where I am coming from. I'm proud to be a part of this organization and I look forward to all things that may come from here. Please feel free to contact me anytime, and thanks for taking time to learn a bit about me.

Cheers,

Rum

Back to top Go down
frsmoke

frsmoke

Itro/Bio mini rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itro/Bio mini rant   Itro/Bio mini rant Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Good to meet you Rum, and thank you for serving this great country. God bless your move to MO!
Back to top Go down

Itro/Bio mini rant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WatchmenOfAmerica :: Watchmen Welcome Center :: Introductions-
Jump to: