WatchmenOfAmerica
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watchmen Of America

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quote to pray and live by

Go down 
AuthorMessage
frsmoke

frsmoke

Quote to pray and live by Empty
PostSubject: Quote to pray and live by   Quote to pray and live by Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I ran across this quote, and found it convicting and challenging to me and my motivations. I do not know for certain what preacher to attribute it to....maybe that is just as well. May we arrive to the same conclusion as this Pastor of yesteryear.....

"Then came a period in the pastorate, and once more I propose to indulge in a personal reminiscence of a sacred nature. Soon after I had settled as a minister of the Church, in Stone, and sucĀ­cess as to increasing congregations was evident, I went home one Sunday night and had to face a challenging question. I heard no articulate voice, but the question came with clarity, "What are you going to be, a great preacher or My messenger?" I fought the question on the assumption that I might be both. At last, however, I decided that above everything else, I desired to be the messenger of God. I declare, without hesitation, that from that day in 1900 until now I have cared nothing about reputation as a preacher. I have cared greatly about being His messenger."

study
Back to top Go down
frsmoke

frsmoke

Quote to pray and live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote to pray and live by   Quote to pray and live by Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:16 pm

The easy-answer superficiality of American Christianity threatens the core of our country.
The faith & work ethic to bring the Kingdom to Earth has been traded for spiritual fads to "get there" quicker.
The character of Christians that made America work is fading in the modern easy-believism that is self-centered.
If the Rock that Western Culture is built on crumbles, what happens to our children??
Back to top Go down

Quote to pray and live by
Page 1 of 1